1. Invitation and Location
- 1.1 Notice is given for the 2nd Asian Airline One Design Regatta to be held in the waters south of Phuket Island, Thailand from Tuesday 23rd of October to Thursday 25th of October 2017. Teams from airlines whose principal place of business is within Asia, or Airlines who have a base within Asia, or aircraft manufacturers who have business in Asia are eligible to enter the regatta.
- 1.2 The race office will be located at Ao Yon on the south of Phuket. All briefings will be given on Ao Yon beach prior to racing. Three days of racing will take place in the waters immediately south of Ao Yon and incorporate standard windward/leeward races with at least one long distance race.
- 1.3 Racing will be in 3 classes of yachts. Platu 25 yachts, Pulse 600 and Farr1104’s. Boats will be provided by the organiser and allocated to teams before the start of the first race.
2. Rules and Regulations
- 2.1 The Regatta will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 (RRS) of World Sailing (WS) and the Platu 25 Class Rules, 2011.
- 2.2 The Platu 25 Class Rules are amended for the purposes of this regatta only by increasing the maximum crew weight to 440kg. All boats are supplied with mainsail and jib that are of identical sizes age and materials.
- Pulse 600 have maximum crew weight of 220 kg. All boats are supplied with mainsail and jib from Corsair.
- Farr 1104 will have IRC certificates and time differences taken and applied by this handicap system to give race results.
- 2.3 All boats will comply with Thailand statutory requirements.
- 2.4 A race committee will be formed to govern the event. Committee members may compete, but will not form part of any protest committee where there is deemed to be any potential for a conflict of interest.
- 2.5 For windward/leeward Courses, the Two-Turns penalty (RRS 44.1) is changed to a One-Turn penalty. For long distance courses, the standard two-turn penalty will be in force in accordance with RRS 44.1.
- 3.1 Eligible teams up to the maximum weight limit are invited to enter. To be eligible, the team must have at least one member form the airline or manufacturer represented who must be either the team leader, and/or captain of the boat.
- 3.2 Entries must be received by 2359hrs on 3rd October 2017 by writing to email@example.com
- 3.3 Fees for the regatta are THB 5000 per crew member / day and must be paid by 2359 on 10th October 2017. The payment account will be notified on receipt of entry. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and make payments.
- 4.1 Only boats in compliance with the Platu 25 class rules and the amendments in 2.2 in this Notice Of Race are eligible to enter.
- 5.1 No handicaps will be used.
- 6.1 Courses will be decided on the day of race by the committee. There will be a series of windward/leeward course with at least one long distance round the island race (wind permitting). A blue flag and a white flag, flown from committee boat, will indicate whether the yachts are only permitted to use white sails or carry white sails and spinnakers. There will be a practice race on the Monday afternoon for crews arriving early.
- 7.1 Each race will be scored sequentially in order of finishing with first position scoring .75 points. Non-starting, disqualified or non -finishing boats will be scored last.
- 7.2 If 5 races are sailed in the series, one windward/leeward race may be discarded. If 7 races are sailed in the series, then two windward/leeward races may be discarded. Long distance races are not eligible for discards.
- 7.3. In the event of ties for positions at the end of the series, then the positions will be determined on countback with later races taking priority.
- 8.1 Boats will carry event sponsor’s advertising which will be provided in accordance with WS regulation 20. In addition, boats may carry additional individual team sponsor’s advertising and also in addition may carry their airline’s or employer’s logo. Participants are encouraged to carry event sponsor’s advertising on team clothing.
- 9.1 Teams will be competing for the award of the Asia Airline Sailing Trophy to be named after the main sponsor, to be decided. Other prizes may be awarded.
10. Disclaimer of Liability
- 10.1 All competitors are remined of RRS rule 4 which states that racing has an element of risk and that the decision to race is that of the Captain of the boat, and theirs alone. No liability will be acknowledged by the sponsors, organisers, officials or the race committee from competitors, their families/dependents or representatives.
11. Sailing instructions
- 11.1 Sailing instructions will be posted by 23:59 on 10th October 2017.
- 12.1 The event organiser is Sail In Asia Co. Ltd, 6/37 Ao Yon Bay Moo 8, Boeray-Khaokad Road, Tambon Vichit, Amphur Muang, Phuket, Thailand. Contact Email: email@example.com